Many countries have schemes designed to attract financially successful individuals who will make a substantial contribution to the local economy. One of the best investment immigration schemes in Canada is the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) which is open to, among others, Hong Kong nationals wishing to establish a presence in the country.
– Overview and advantages
The Québec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) is designed to attract high net worth individuals who will contribute to Quebec economic development. The QIIP program is one of the most popular and sought-after immigration programs. Indeed, when selected, a candidate and his family will be eligible for permanent residency, and after three years of their arrival, they can apply for full Canadian citizenship.
Demonstration of a personal net worth of at least CAD $2,000,000, obtained through licit means. The assets of the accompanying spouse can also be considered;
To have at least two years of management experience in the five years prior to the application submission;
Commit to making the required investment (see investment section below);
Proof of no criminal record;
The program requires the applicant to make an investment of CAD $1,200,000 guaranteed by the government, that will be fully reimbursed after five years (financing options are available);
– Application Process
– Preparation of the documentation, and submission of the file;
– File processing by the Government. After their analysis, different scenarios may arise:
– Immediate decision regarding the application;
– Submission of specific additional documents for further processing;
– Or, the candidate may even be called for an immigration interview regarding their case.
– Once the applicant has been accepted, there will be a window of 110 days in which the investment must be made.
To enquire further about whether this investment immigration scheme is suitable for your needs, or to receive a free assessment, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by calling our Hong Kong office on +852 2169 0388 or by using the online enquiry form.