Jaffe Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong    +852 2169 0388

Hong Kong Dependant Visa / Spouse & Children Visa

Home  /  Immigration  /  Hong Kong Immigration  /  Hong Kong Dependant Visa / Spouse & Children Visa 

What is Dependant Visa?

For foreign nationals who have a valid Hong Kong visa for employment, investment, training, or study in Hong Kong or who are permanent residents in Hong Kong, the dependent visa essentially serves as a relocation visa for the spouse and unmarried children under the age of 18 who are part of the foreign national’s immediate family.


Who can Apply for Dependant Visa?

For a sponsor who is a Permanent Hong Kong Resident or has been granted Employment/Investment Visa may apply for the dependant visa of the followings: 

  1. His/her spouse.
    • The other party to a same-sex civil partnership, same-sex civil union, “same-sex marriage”, opposite-sex civil partnership or opposite-sex civil union entered into by him/her in accordance with the local law in force of the place of celebration and with such status being legally and officially recognized by the local authorities of the place of celebration
  1. His/her unmarried dependent children under the age of 18​.
  2. His/her parent aged 60 or above.
  1. An application for admission of a dependant may be favourably considered if:
    • there is reasonable proof of a genuine relationship between the applicant and the sponsor;
    • there is no known record to the detriment of the applicant; and
    • the sponsor is able to support the dependant’s living at a standard well above the subsistence level and provide him/her with suitable accommodation in the HKSAR.

Hong Kong Immigration Programs

Latest News

Required Documents

Documents to be submitted by applicants:

  • Completed Dependant Visa Application Form. For a child applicant under the age of 16, the form must be signed by the parent or legal guardian of the child.
  • Dependants whose sponsors are applying for visas either for employment as a professional, for investment to join in/establish a business, for training or for studies, need not fill in the separate Dependant Visa Application Form. This is because the application forms for employment visas, investment visas, training visas and visas meant for studies have a built in section for dependants and can be completed along with the sponsor’s principal application and submitted together.
  • A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport. If you are currently staying in Hong Kong, a copy of your passport page containing the latest arrival stamp/extension of stay label in Hong Kong. If you are a Chinese resident of the Mainland who has not been issued with a travel document you may submit a photocopy of your People’s Republic of China resident identity card.
  • A copy of your Hong Kong identity card (if any)
  • A copy of your Macau identity card (if you are a resident of Macau)
  • A copy of your household registration in Taiwan and Taiwan identity card (if you are a resident of Taiwan)
  • A copy of proof of your relationship with the sponsor, e.g. marriage certificates, birth certificates, family photographs, family letters, census record book and Privilege Card for Single Child (if applicable)

Application Process



Book an appointment  for a detailed assessment and consultation  with our Immigration Specialist.



Based on your consultation, you will decide  on how you want to proceed and ask any additional questions to our Immigration  Specialist.



Once you’re ready to proceed, we will prepare all necessary documents & complete the application and submit to Hong Kong Immigration.



We follow up with Hong Kong Immigration until approval of the case. After approval we deliver the visa to you.


Simard & Associates helps clients apply for citizenship and residence under the applicable programs. To schedule an initial free consultation, get in touch with us.


Simard & Associates helps clients apply for citizenship and residence under the applicable programs. To schedule an initial free consultation, get in touch with us.


Want to Request a Consultation?

Please fill in the inquiry form below and our consultant will get in touch with you!

Request For Consultation EN